To be attractive to toerists a place has to have:
1. A regional delicacy that locals only ate because there was literally nothing else: eg itchy potato, boiled pigs ear etc
2. A LANDMARK; can be anything as long as enough places sell postcards of it
3. An activity locals regard with bemused indifference like: looking at ferns, collecting seaweed, spotting whales etc
4. Something to take home as a souvenir, connection to region is a bonus but not necessary, has to fit on a mantelpiece.
5. Lots of signs, the bigger the better. If the sign is bigger dan the attraction this is not a problem.
6. The goodwill of tourbus operators.
7. A travel guide; travel guide writers can make anything sound interesting, take full advantage of this.
Restaurants with pets
Dubieus health benefits
A percentage of the population that thinks it speaks English